« Home | My description of an ideal community-connected lib... » | I came across Chrystie Hill/Steve Cohen's blog tit... » | I have come to the conclusion that I have no abili... » | Demographics have been the new toy for me. Actuall... » | Being a good organizer is a goal everyone should g... » | So the latest thing to do for me has been to keep ... » | Its finally good to get back to blogging after a h... » | Not too long ago, I had a female patron break down... » | People come up with really creative ways to get th... » | I had the good fortune to attend a presentation by... » 

ReferenceWORK:

26 February 2006 

One of my latest endeavors has been to try and get an easy-to-use resume writing program for my library. I am still waiting to hear the verdict on my suggestion but, in the meantime, I managed to stumble upon some temporary help. Microsoft has free templates that can be downloaded and used (click here). I am a little tired of seeing the familiar trio of Contemporary, Elegant and Professional resume (no hard feelings). The downloadable templates are mostly for Word 97 and beyond, so that should be good. Actually, the link should take you to the Career section itself, which has other goodies.

Meanwhile, I have yet to check on it but I would hope that there is an open source resume-building alternative (Maybe I should make that my coding project). Fact of the day: The word "resume" itself gets 282 million hits in Google!!