« Home | One of my latest endeavors has been to try and get... » | My description of an ideal community-connected lib... » | I came across Chrystie Hill/Steve Cohen's blog tit... » | I have come to the conclusion that I have no abili... » | Demographics have been the new toy for me. Actuall... » | Being a good organizer is a goal everyone should g... » | So the latest thing to do for me has been to keep ... » | Its finally good to get back to blogging after a h... » | Not too long ago, I had a female patron break down... » | People come up with really creative ways to get th... » 

ReferenceWORK:

26 February 2006 

The current copy of SmartMoney has an article titled "How to make a Million" (March 2006 p. 62) that focuses on... well...making a million. I found two interesting nuggets from that article:

1) Health can create wealth because, if you improve your general health, you can save money on possible future medical expenses.
2) According to Tory Johnson (CEO of Women for Hire), "If you just do your job, you don't get a raise and you don't get a bonus; you get a paycheck". Thus going beyond the minimum at your job, you can secure the opportunities for raises and promotions that translate into more income; treat your skills porfolio like your financial portfolio and diversify (according to Gregg Cesario of IBM)!