« Home | Having graduated from library school not too long ... » | During one-on-one sessions with high school kids, ... » | I am not a master networker, but I am well-aware o... » | So I've heard enough about blogging from Greg Schw... » 

ReferenceWORK:

08 August 2005 

Outreach is demanding! Especially when your outreach activity involves individuals who have been unemployed for a while. I find it extremely difficult to motivate them at times - depending on the group that I am speaking to. It helps to keep the session interactive and keep asking the group questions to force them to answer. Asking a random person "what do YOU think about _____?" is one possible way of opening up the group.

Not being an expert, I am interested in hearing about how you get your groups to join in on conversations. Please post comments!