« Home | During one-on-one sessions with high school kids, ... » | I am not a master networker, but I am well-aware o... » | So I've heard enough about blogging from Greg Schw... » 

ReferenceWORK:

04 August 2005 

Having graduated from library school not too long ago, I often have to remind myself that not just college grads are seeking employment. One group that have their own set of job woes are those over 50. Luckily, there are employers that do not look down upon applicants that are 50+. AARP puts out a yearly list of the "Best Employers for Workers over 50". The only problem I have with the list is that some states do not seem to have a "Best Employer" (e.g. Kentucky). In that scenario, it might just be a good idea to contact your local AARP at 1-888-OUR-AARP (1-888-687-2277) or online here.